VA Home Loan candidates are defined as Veterans who served on active duty and have a discharge other than dishonorable after a minimum of 90 days of service during wartime or a minimum of 181 continuous days during peacetime. All veterans must qualify first, for the are not automatically eligible for the program.
Five Easy Steps to a VA Loan
- Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility. A veteran who doesn’t have a certificate can obtain one easily by completing VA Form 26-1880
- Decide on a home the buyer wants to buy and sign a purchase agreement
- Order an appraisal from VA (This is ordered through First Option Mortgage)
- Apply for loan through your Indianapolis Mortgage Lender, First Option .We will send the application to the local VA office, which will notify the lender of its decision
- Close the loan and the buyer moves in